查看: 14732|回复: 38

[雪山岩/罗田] 五一雪山岩抒情队记(英文版)

[复制链接]
发表于 2013-5-1 19:37:52 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 Frank 于 2013-5-1 23:22 编辑

An Ode for the Excursion to Xueshan Mountain
May 1st, 2013
By Frank(顺子)

The experience of going hiking with XUMAers is an unprecedented one for me. I came to participate this activity as a newbie, and therefore learned a lot of expertise, made a lot of friends, and left a lot of memories.

The journey starts from the game “Angel & Master”. Everyone drew a lottery to decide who is his/her master to protect, and everyone would be cared by an unknown angel. According to my observation, however, most people were cared by much more than one “angels”, for the “angels” have a big heart inside, yet are “cunny” outside. As a result, it was difficult for us to guess our real angels, and when the answers were unveiled finally, jokes popped up frequently, and many of us had to give a performance as a punishment.

The first day of trip was painstaking in the first half, and gradually better in the second. When setting foot on the journey, we were on the way to embracing joys, setbacks, help and nature. We sang over the march, more often relayed songs in the troop. We encountered many obstacles, like loose stones, slippery floors, or deep steps, which made me tumble twice and 二姐 sprained her foot, and many others suffered. However, we were still blissful all the way, telling jokes to each other, distributing snacks to each other under the leadership of 岭峰, and supported by each other, our team doctor 成州 in particular, when emergencies happened. In the endowment of nature, we were ecstatic when overlooking the landscape of Eagle Peak, when the squad reached the Niuling Summit, when 瑞华 introduced many wide plants and fruit, such as raspberry, to us, and when we touched the water in the rivulet of Beichen mountain.

The campfire at night was amost lyrical part. Despite the plain food, 丽辉 told me that she enjoyed it because when one was used to frugality, he/she can taste more flavor in everyday life, and I couldn’t agree more. After dining, 小戴, our captain, held a meeting to summarize our progress in the first day, including route, logistics, do’s and don’ts, and miscellaneous advices. For instance, 包子, a thumb-up brother, boosted our morale in a thoughtful manner.Then, we expressed our emotion to mountaineering, and 彪, a contemplative man, shared with us his story with snow mountain,which impressed us a lot. As far as I am concerned, to climb to the peak doesnot mean that one have conquered nature. Instead, one need to awe nature more since he/she is aware of his/her tininess under the vast nature.

The second day was easier, if the aftereffect of our calf-ache was not taken into account, as we mainly went downhill. As always, 小孩, our man Friday, was ready to help every team member, so much so that he suffered from cramp. 慧姐 and 小余 served as my masters when it comes to the adjustment of outfit and tactics in the march. 屈硕 and 泽中 were so lovely, for the former had a pair of crescent-like eyes, while the latter boasted his dynamic facial expressions. Staffan, our international friend from Sweden, could not understand our communication sometimes, so I got the chance to do interpreting. At the end of the trip, we are fined for the fact that we entered the scenic area without paying for tickets, which should be a lesson for next time.

When we came back to school, we celebrated 大刚’s birthday together. Many of us gave performance as a punishment for the game, or as a show of their talents. I’d like to say that the camping is so unforgettable, the XUMA is so united, and everyone here is so nice that I will cherish this memory in the rest of my life. Finally, since 学叔’s conclusion in his log is slightly sentimental, I want to send a poem to him, and to you all: why should you say you don’t have bosom friend on the way ahead? Everybody in the world knows that you are my uncle! (莫道前路无知己,天下谁人不识叔?)

发表于 2013-5-1 20:09:06 | 显示全部楼层
I think this ode should be a symbolic event in our xuma's internationalization.
ps:Thank you for your apoem, you are right, we can meet xumaers after leaving the school .
发表于 2013-5-1 20:15:22 | 显示全部楼层
gaoduan daqi shangdangci
  高端    大气    上档次
发表于 2013-5-1 20:26:41 | 显示全部楼层
只能膜拜!!
发表于 2013-5-1 21:21:58 | 显示全部楼层
{:soso_e179:}
发表于 2013-5-1 21:34:07 | 显示全部楼层
同膜拜!
发表于 2013-5-1 22:35:17 | 显示全部楼层
prostrate  myself in worship!!!
发表于 2013-5-1 22:36:47 | 显示全部楼层
不用开有道   哈哈
 楼主| 发表于 2013-5-1 23:12:27 | 显示全部楼层
哎呀,谢谢各位的厚爱
发表于 2013-5-1 23:23:12 | 显示全部楼层
能不能翻译一下
 楼主| 发表于 2013-5-1 23:24:43 | 显示全部楼层

呵呵,学叔,我会肝脑涂地做好徐妈的internationalization的!
话说还是我先毕业哦,大家都是好朋友一辈子哈哈~~
 楼主| 发表于 2013-5-1 23:25:13 | 显示全部楼层
zzh-XUMA 发表于 2013-5-1 22:36
不用开有道   哈哈

嗯啊,去过的人都看得懂滴~
 楼主| 发表于 2013-5-1 23:26:29 | 显示全部楼层
Kyu 发表于 2013-5-1 22:35
prostrate  myself in worship!!!

Oh, I'm humble for that!
Looking forward to your story~~
 楼主| 发表于 2013-5-1 23:26:55 | 显示全部楼层

包子哥好男人哈哈!!
 楼主| 发表于 2013-5-1 23:27:19 | 显示全部楼层

二姐,下辈子还做你的天使,哈哈!!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

ICP备案/许可证编号:闽ICP备17017633号-1|小黑屋|手机版|厦门大学登山协会论坛

GMT+8, 2024-4-27 02:00 , Processed in 0.211973 second(s), 15 queries .